In this video tutorial, the theory of Runge-Kutta Method (RK4) for numerical solution of ordinary differential equations (ODEs), is discussed and then implemented using MATLAB and Python from scratch. As an example, the well-know Lotka-Volterra model (aka. the Predator-Prey model) is numerically simulated and solved using Runge-Kutta 4th order (RK4), in both languages, Python and MATLAB.
After completing this tutorial, you will learn:
- How to implement Runge-Kutta in Python
- How to implement Runge-Kutta in MATLAB
- Solving System of Nonlinear Differential Equations
- Simulation of a Lotka-Volterra (Predator-Prey) System
Who this course is for:
- Applied Math and Science Students
- Engineering Students
- Anyone Interested in Numerical Computation
- Software Engineers and Programmers
- Python and/or MATLAB Programming
- Differential Equations
The video tutorial is available to watch online, via Yarpiz YouTube Channel. The instructor of this course is Dr. Mostapha Kalami Heris, PhD of Control and Systems Engineering.