In this video tutorial, the theory of Runge-Kutta Method (RK4) for numerical solution of ordinary differential equations (ODEs), is discussed and then implemented using MATLAB and Python from scratch. As an example, the well-know Lotka-Volterra model (aka. the Predator-Prey model) is numerically simulated and solved using Runge-Kutta 4th order (RK4), in both languages, Python and MATLAB.
After completing this tutorial, you will learn:
- How to implement Runge-Kutta in Python
- How to implement Runge-Kutta in MATLAB
- Solving System of Nonlinear Differential Equations
- Simulation of a Lotka-Volterra (Predator-Prey) System
Who this course is for:
- Applied Math and Science Students
- Engineering Students
- Anyone Interested in Numerical Computation
- Software Engineers and Programmers
- Python and/or MATLAB Programming
- Differential Equations
The video tutorial is available to watch online, via Yarpiz YouTube Channel. The instructor of this course is Dr. Mostapha Kalami Heris, PhD of Control and Systems Engineering.
Citing This Work
If you wish, you can cite this content as follows.
Cite as:Mostapha Kalami Heris, Runge-Kutta Method in Python and MATLAB — Video Tutorial (URL: https://yarpiz.com/523/yptdeq190515-runge-kutta-rk4-in-python-and-matlab), Yarpiz, 2019.