Difference Equations , aka. Recurrence Relations, are very similar to differential equations, but unlikely, they are defined in discrete domains (e.g. discrete time or space).
In this video tutorial, the general form of linear difference equations and recurrence relations is discussed and solution approach, using eigenfunctions and eigenvalues is represented. Some examples, including Fibonacci Series, are investigated in the video tutorial, as well. The case of multiple (non-distinct) roots of characteristic equation is also considered. Finally, the non-homogeneous difference equations are discussed, by providing the concept of general and particular solutions.
The video tutorial is available to watch online, via Yarpiz YouTube Channel. The instructor of this course is Dr. Mostapha Kalami Heris, PhD of Control and Systems Engineering.
After completing this tutorial, you will Learn:
- General form of ordinary linear difference equations
- How to solve homogeneous linear difference equations
- How to solve non-homogeneous linear difference equations
- Solving difference equations with repeated roots in characteristic equation
Who this course is for:
- Math Students
- Computer Science Students
- Engineering Students
- Anyone interested in mathematics
- Basic Mathematics