This series of video tutorials covers the numerical methods for Root Finding (Solving Algebraic Equations) from theory to implementation. In this course, three methods are reviewed and implemented using Python and MATLAB from scratch.
At first, two interval-based methods, namely Bisection method and Secant method, are reviewed and implemented. Then, a point-based method which is knowns as Newton’s method for root finding, a.k.a. Newton–Raphson method, is reviewed and implemented. This course is instructed by Dr. Mostapha Kalami Heris, who has years of practical work and active teaching in the field of programming, mathematics, control engineering and computational intelligence.
By the end of this course you will be able to know about the fundamental theory of this root finding methods and implementing them using Python and MATLAB programming languages.
Topics covered in this part are listed below:
- Introduction to Bisection Method
- Implementation of Bisection Method in Python
- Implementation of Bisection Method in MATLAB
- Introduction to Secant Method
- Implementation of Secant Method in Python
- Implementation of Secant Method in MATLAB
- Introduction to Newton–Raphson Method
- Implementation of Newton–Raphson Method in Python
- Implementation of Newton–Raphson Method in MATLAB
All source codes implemented within course and hand-written notes of the lectures, are available to download, in the downloads section of this very page.
The video tutorial is available to watch online, via Yarpiz YouTube Channel. The YouTube playlist, containing all parts of this series, follows.
The download link of this project follows.
Python and MATLAB Codes for Numerical Root Finding MethodsDownload