In this video tutorial, the general structure of a Linear Programming (LP) model is reviewed and the general matrix form of LP problems, used by MATLAB, discussed. Then, using linprog function of MATLAB, which is used to deal with linear programming problems, some examples are solved.
One of the well-known problems formulated as LP model is the Transportation Problem, which is a simple two-layered supply chain model. In this video tutorial, the general form of Transportation Model is discussed and its solution using MATLAB is implemented step-by-step, with a functional approach.
The video tutorial is available to watch online, via Yarpiz YouTube Channel. The instructor of this course is Dr. Mostapha Kalami Heris, PhD of Control and Systems Engineering.
After completing this tutorial, you will Learn:
- What is a Linear Programming model/problem
- How to express LP problems by vectors and matrices
- How to solve Linear Programming problems using MATLAB
- How to model and solve a Transportation Problem in MATLAB
Who this course is for:
- Applied Math and Engineering students
- Operations Research (OR) students
- Anyone interested in mathematical optimization
- Basics of MATLAB Programming
- Basics of Optimization
Citing This Work
If you wish, you can cite this content as follows.
Cite as:Mostapha Kalami Heris, Linear Programming in MATLAB — Video Tutorial (URL: https://yarpiz.com/516/yptlp190516-linear-programmin-in-matlab-linprog), Yarpiz, 2019.